Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.As a Cengage employee you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We bring our “A” game, unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, everything we do, we do for the learner. Cengage is seeking a resourceful Senior Software engineer (Big Data Analytics) to help us build the next-generation of our analytics platform. You’ll get to help create our cloud (AWS) based data processing pipeline, data processing infrastructure, and internal APIs. Our platform needs to support multiple types of scalability challenges – from handling terabytes of data to providing analytics in real-time. This is a critical role that will have a significant impact on the direction of our product, technology and business.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Build data processing pipeline in that collects, connects, centralizes, and curates data from various internal and external data sources
- Architect scalable and reliable data engineering solutions for moving data efficiently across systems at near real-time
- Build a distributed data store that will be central source of truth
- Design, implement, test and deploy data processing infrastructure
- Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies
- Ability to take ownership and get things done in an Agile team setting
- Help break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work
Skills You Will Need Here:
- 3+ years of Big Data technologies
- 10+ years of professional software experience, including having worked with Java and exposure to big data technologies
- Big data technologies – Spark, Kinesis, Kafka, Storm or Hadoop
- Source control (preferably Git) and bug tracking systems
- Ability to reason about performance tradeoffs
- Preferably have experience with SQL and AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Tech Lead SW experience preferred
- Scala programming a plus
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team environment
- Bachelors in Computer Science / related field or equivalent work experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116513 →