Date: Jan 30, 2018
Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition ID: ******
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Ariba is the world’s business commerce network. We help companies extend their business commerce processes into the Cloud, where they can use our Procurement solutions and the Ariba Network to find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. The Ariba Network is the world’s largest trading partner community with more than $600B of commerce flowing through and more than 1.7 million businesses in 190 countries around the world, with a new business joining Ariba Network every two minutes.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to accelerate the innovation and delivery of the Ariba products. You will collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to expand the Ariba Cloud to cover every corner of the globe. You will have the opportunity to work on internet scale level problems and complex business problems. You will work with Java, HANA, Hadoop, and Ariba Cloud technologies. To succeed in this position you must be incredibly smart, passionate about the user experience and be very results-oriented to get things done.
* Work in core components for the Ariba cloud that include persistence, meta-data model, object model framework, common data server, customization framework, UI frameworks
* Master the art of the framework design and modeling, understand the impact of object model design in a large-scale multi-tenant on-demand environment
* You will be member of the core Ariba cloud engineering team
* Work on solving scalability and performance problems
* Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent work experience
* 8+ years of development experience developing production grade software
* Strong programming skills, as well as the ability to read and code review complex code bases written by others
* Ability to work independently and take on ownership of large projects in a very dynamic and adaptive environment
* MS Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Excellent coding skills in Java
* Hands on experience with at least one scripting language (ie Java Script, perl)
* Good Database concepts and experience with at least 1 database technology (ie SQL or NoSQL)
* Experience solving internet scale problems
* Experience working on cloud (on-demand) software
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: **************************** or ****************************, APJ: *******************, EMEA: ***************). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Developer, ERP, Engineer, Java, Procurement, Technology, Engineering, Operations
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/108577 →