Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
We’ve seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Engineering, you will be part of a team of Sr. SDETs, SDETs, functional testers and automation engineers driving the automation vision of the Quality Engineering department.
You will be working with test leads and scrum teams to continuously bridge gaps in automation, functional and testing infrastructure across teams and responsible for building processes to ensure high quality software releases. Responsible for construction of new framework and tools to help augment existing automation frameworks. Additionally, will be working closely with DevOps team to strategically include automated tests and testing infrastructure into DevOps pipeline. Activities will include working with the cloud team to maintain best practices, integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, and ensuring high quality software, and working with product teams to promote Quality Engineering principles. This function is of extreme importance in the community we serve as more efficient tools and a quicker turnaround time on results can drastically impact a patient’s treatment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Contribute towards the future state of automation for Quality Engineering dept. by closely collaborating with the testing team, a team comprising of Sr. SDETs, SDETs, functional testers and automation engineers.
- Perform gap analysis of current state of automation frameworks, functional testing process and testing infrastructure across products and strategizing future state of automation framework with a roadmap.
- Evangelize, strategize, introduce and implement automation frameworks to support integration, web service and GUI testing across FMI product lines to be first class DevOps citizens.
- Writing automated tests and test harnesses application and services under test.
- Writing and reviewing test strategies, test plans and test cases based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
- Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of FMI applications and products.
- Interact with SDETs, QA members and FMI technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
- Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
- Participate in efforts to share FMI testing technology and expertise within the company.
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET.
- Strong Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and Cucumber.
- Strong Experience developing high quality automation frameworks.
- Strong Experience in BDD, TDD, Data driven and Hybrid automation frameworks.
- Strong Experience to programmatically test products; measure test coverage; develop best automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
- Strong experience working with SDLC frameworks like: SCRUM, Kanban, Agile.
- Experience with automation, web deployment and engineering environment tools such as Mocha, Jasmine, JIRA, Github/Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Experience in testing applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) a plus.
- Experience working in distributed SOA environments including REST services.
- Experience in querying complex schemas and relational databases.
- Experience working in a within a DevOps model and continuous delivery model.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA) a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115584 →