Our Denver. CO locations are currently looking for full-time Software Developers to be part of a team that is responsible for delivering timely, high quality releases that delight our customers in the upstream oil & gas sector. You will be designing, coding and testing web based front end solutions bringing together query, mapping, and analytical capabilities that will showcase our upstream energy data in a user-friendly format.
We are looking for a range talented software engineers that understand the full stack from web application to service architecture and database technology. As an IHS Markit engineer, you will design, build, and implement both public and private cloud, distributed systems delivered as a SaaS application.
Who you are
– You are a
full-stack SOA engineer / generalist
. Experience and (just as important) interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA is a must for our team. This includes (walking down the stack): AngularJS/Angular SPA development, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, big data processing (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.), and data visualization (e.g. ESRI, Open Layers, D3, Tableau, Spotfire, Microsoft BI). Experience in all these layers is not strictly required, but we do like to see experience working in more than one, as well as eagerness to work on projects that might slice through them all (because they often will).
– You have a track record of
significant, specific, and self-directed contributions
to large and challenging projects. What we’re getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" some proof that this isnt your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way. Also, its not just a job, but something you enjoy.
– You lead with
humility and confidence
. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise a high degree of leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to help out their follow teammates.
– You have
5-20 years of product-driven software development experience
using a modern, object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best — .e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do a lot of development in C#/.NET, Java and Python, but specific experience here is not required.
What you’ll do at IHS Markit
– Contribute to a cross-functional team building new capabilities for web based platforms.
– Monitor and support critical production services, while looking to continuously improve performance, resilience and transparency.
– Use your expertise to create next generation front end applications.
– Use your expertise to setup secure web and API integrations for external clients.
– Act as point of contact for the team on a rotating basis.
How you’ll do it at IHS Markit
– Leverage your years of industry experience to provide your team with feedback and expertise, balancing a variety of roles including that of developer, architect, tester and technical writer.
– Satisfy your natural craving for problem solving by building and designing complex applications.
– You’re smart and motivated enough to find a way, even if you don’t know how yet.
– You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
– Google is your friend.
Mid-level to advanced experience developing applications with:
– Angular, React, Vue
– C#, *******, MVC, Java
– Git/TFS or similar source control systems
– Windows and Linux
– Familiarity with one or more of the following security protocols
– Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
– OAuth 2.0
– SQL and NoSql data stores.
Bonus points for experience with:
– Swagger, REST APIs
– Continuous Integration Tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
– Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
– ElasticSearch / MarkLogic
– Agile / Scrum methodologies
Where we’re goingConsolidating browser front ends and moving our service oriented architecture to the cloud, automating our deployments and configurations, and rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular .Net Core, Mark Logic, ESRI, and Spotfire. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources and capabilities.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.