The person in this position is responsible for development, designing, testing, coding and integrating software products. Provides support to and works alongside other engineers to create innovative products. Works to identify and implement testing application and service that best prepare the company to meet future business goals.
Essential Job Functions:
– Utilizes technical knowledge to write and complete software tasks and projects
– Researches new technologies and incorporates them into new systems and products
– Takes initiative in leading projects, delegating responsibilities, and collaborating with others
– Tests, integrates, writes, troubleshoots, and debugs software applications
– Responsible for the architecture and implementation of critical software components and games; uses company standards and applies design principals and patterns to develop robust software
– Works closely with other engineers to provide guidance and assistance in the areas of software architecture, coding standards, and system related issues
– May act as team mentor in a multi-person development team
– May supervise and verify the work of engineers, designers, draftsmen, or technician
Training and/or Experience:
– Five or more years of professional experience in a software development team
– Five or more years of experience with build automation, continuous integration, unit test, change management and configuration management
– Minimum of 2 years experience with software methodologies
– Experience with either software engineering/embedded software/computer/electrical engineer experience with software exposure
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to work well with others in a team environment
– Strong working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
– Strong working knowledge of operating systems
– Strong knowledge of tools to test software applications/systems
– Strong working knowledge of development/modeling tools
– Ability to lead and manage subordinates
– Strong multi-tasking skills
– Enjoy working in a creative environment
– Excellent communication skills
– Must be able to obtain and hold a Nevada Gaming Card
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably BSEE, BSCE, BSEET, or BSCS or equivalent work experience.
– Master’s degree preferred
Job ID: IRC4959
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years. Contact Info
– Tuckasegee, NC 28783
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.