Location US-CA-San Francisco
Posting date 5 hours ago(8/1/2018 4:50 AM)
Job ID 64624
Category Software Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Come work with innovative open source technologies. The Red Hat OpenShift team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Developer Productivity team in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will work as part of the development team in the latest technologies within the Kubernetes domain space. You’ll build and extend our existing toolset and test automation platform that will help the development team release software in a fast-paced manner. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide leadership and best practices in automated release and deployment of software.
Primary job responsibilities
* Design and develop tooling and automation that will help engineering teams speed up their development
* Lead the efforts regarding the automated end-to-end build release process by developing tools and filling the gaps that exist
* Lead the efforts to integrate test automation into the release process
* Participate in release process and align tool development with major milestones
* Solid expertise with Linux or UNIX systems
* Solid scripting and programming skills using Ruby, Python, and Bash
* Passion for automated CI and CD; record of doing considerable work in this area
* Familiarity with container, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies
* Specific experience with test automation frameworks, Jenkins, and other open source tools in container space
* Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
* Familiarity with open source software development methodologies is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.