City: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J1117-0978
Employment Type: Full Time
The person who fills this position will provide functional and Empirical analysis to the Precision Fires Rocket and Missile Systems Project Management Office (PMO). This is related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application, utility, development, and diagnostic software. All development must be IAW the Army Acquisition Process. Some of the work is related to Foreign Military Sales (FMS) of Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS) software and its munitions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
– Support all levels of staff including peers, team members, management and PM PFRMS Customers.
– Must have knowledge of modern software/system development processes and Army Acquisition, to include object-orientated, AGILE development and use of tools; and how to apply them to software application program development.
– Must be capable of providing detailed technical support for software development programs with minimal management supervision.
– Must be capable of translating operational requirements into detailed software/system requirements.
– Must be capable of providing technical direction to design and development teams, and monitoring progress and productivity through the use of metrics and providing feedback to senior management.
– Must be capable of integrating Common off the Shelf (COTS) products into software/system architectures.
– Must have knowledge of ‘Embedded Systems’, and issues regarding database replication and distribution for distributed systems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
– Must be a self-starter which requires minimal supervision.
– Knowledge of Army Acquisition process.
Understanding of MLRS platforms and munitions capabilities.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change – supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at ***********.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ********************************. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118970 →