Posting date 3 hours ago(8/3/2018 11:18 AM)
Job ID 64197
Category Software Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat CloudForms Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Mahwah, NJ. In this role, you will advance the direction, design, and implementation of Red Hat’s solutions and services. You’ll work in an agile environment using Ruby on Rails, Python, and other technologies to develop new functionality and enhancements to existing offerings and projects as well as the possibility of working on new initiatives. You’ll be doing this work in various open source communities and help create and develop various APIs.
Primary job responsibilities
* Create new features in Ruby, Python, or other languages and contribute them to upstream projects
* Educate the team on new features through sprint reviews or small team presentations
* Work with the Quality Engineering (QE) team to ensure that projects are tested correctly
* Publicize the work the team is doing through blogs, web postings, or conference talks
* Occasionally work directly with customers to diagnose escalated support issues
* Significant software development experience
* Object-oriented software development skills, preferably with Ruby on Rails or Python
* Knowledge of SQL (preferably PostgreSQL) and unit testing frameworks (preferably RSpec)
* Experience working with distributed version control systems and distributed system architectures
* Familiarity with cloud and virtual infrastructures like Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Virtualization, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and VMware vSphere is a plus
* Familiarity with artificial intelligence (AI), specifically machine learning (ML), is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.