software engineering skills for the development and maintenance of software systems for transaction-based video gaming system. This position requires a well-rounded software engineer that is willing to work in any area of the system that requires maintenance or new development.
– Develop system requirements, technical designs, and implement logical solutions through the use of structured programming concepts and modern programming methods
– Establish and maintain client confidence by delivering quality system solutions within project timeliness and budgetary limits
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
– Develop design specifications
– Respond to System problem calls (24X7) in a timely manner in order to avoid system downtime and resulting damage claims from the lottery
– Interacts and works successfully with other team members as well as other departments
– Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally (with valid papers) up to 20%
– Proficiency in C, C++ and Python
– Experience in Linux networking development and/or embedded systems
– Proficiency in Socket programming
– Proficiency in networking technologies and protocols
– Proficiency in web application development and deployment in Linux environment
– Designing, implementing, and delivering reliable, high quality, robust software targeted to gaming control systems
– Understanding of the Systems architecture, excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
– Team work and proactive sharing of knowledge
– Providing internal and external customer support
– Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and databases
– Able to quickly learn new technologies
– Desirable – Experience in gaming systems and gaming standards protocols
– Bachelor’s/Master’s degree Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
– Ability to travel.
– The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
– Willing to travel up to 30% SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Job ID: IRC9332
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years. Contact Info
– Alpharetta, GA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.