This Senior Software Engineer role will be focused on DevOps tasking and responsibilities. Candidates for consideration will have experience in the following areas:
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and sustain our products/systems
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operations and sustainment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Manage IAVA updates for systems.
- Manage user accounts on systems (often through Ansible scripts).
- Update Ansible to Deploy new software to meet new security requirements (for instance virus scanning software).
- Manage Virtual Machines through Infrastructure/Platform as a Service resource.
- Should have a broad understanding of technologies and tools in the following areas:
- Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, etc)
- Continuous Integration (like Jenkins)
- Infrastructure Automation (like Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS)
- Container Concepts (like LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (like Kubernetes)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to be called in after hours to help restart applications/systems or to troubleshoot.
- Knowledge of Git, Ansible, Jenkins and Docker.
- Able to work with vague requirements and flush out with SMEs on team
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
- At least six (6) years developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years;
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.