Careers Center | Senior Software Engineer
Log back in!
Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: US-MD-Columbia | US-DC
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic research and analytics firm, provides high-quality technology solutions in support of research and impact evaluations, policy analyses, survey research, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ’s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America’s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop software for our ASCEND family of products used across multiple domains including Labor, Human Services, and Education. In addition they will be responsible for the development of digital products incorporating mobile platforms, big data, collaboration, data capture, advanced analytics, messaging, security, and other technologies as identified. The selected candidate will support the technology design and implementation efforts of a major Job Corp reengineering effort to modernize its national student enrollment services system.
– Lead in the design, development, integration, and testing of new software and provide enhancements to existing software
– Conduct technical trade-off studies and research efforts
– Participate in requirements analysis
– Work with other members of the team to generate creative and innovative solutions
– Participate in performance analysis and performance improvement efforts
– Continue developing your technical skillset as aligned with your career goals
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field required
– 7-14 years developing software programs in a highly technical environment (an advanced degree will partially reduce the required years of experience)
– 5 plus years of professional experience related to technology integration in support of government services including GIS, analytical dashboards, and web-based information systems
– Dynamic knowledge of the development process, and experience with aspects like requirements analysis, development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
– Experience with agile development tools and team development projects
– Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud-based infrastructure as a service environments
– Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle or other relational databases
– Experience with NoSQL databases, including MongoDB, Cassandra, or CouchDB
– Experience with Java, C# (.NET) or C is a plus
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Outstanding customer-focused support and professional communication
– Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
– Ability to learn quickly and work in a collaborative team environment
– A desire to learn new skills and keep up with the changing environment
IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Please note, your application will not be submitted for this position if you close your browser before completing each section
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.