Senior Software Engineer
Our mission at Socrata, the Data & Insights Division of Tyler
Technologies, is to help government use data more strategically and
effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions.
We ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really
awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform +
apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the
hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers. This means
a few things:
* We are solving some pretty cool data access problems (ex. how do
you extract, host and visualize every taxi ride in NYC so that any
resident, anywhere can access it?).
* What we do matters. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and 300+
other cities, states and counties use us to connect citizens with
information that matters to their day to day life.
* We are the global market leader with double digit, sustainable
We re looking for a Senior Engineer who can help lead a team to build
massively scalable, distributed systems for some of the most important
data on the planet. We re looking for someone who is as equally
comfortable diving deep into development, as they are guiding and
mentoring other engineers.
Please apply if you share our beliefs that:
* You code your way out of problems, don t talk about them
* It s healthy to laugh at yourself and your VP (he ll provide
plenty of opportunities)
* A flat tire is just an opportunity to change a tire and keep
* Hard work is necessary, smart work and long hours are all
appropriate, but not a way of life
* There are no experts, just people who are constantly working
toward becoming one
* Buzz words like "think-piece, charette or cross-functional
synergy have no place in an engineering team
* You make the most progress as a team, and teams aren t built out
of people who want to shout the loudest.
* Checking in code is part of progress, solving customer problems
is having impact.
How We Act
At Socrata, how we act with each other and our clients embodies the
core values and our code of conduct:
* We value big ideas and creative execution
* We build open and honest relationships
* We are results driven and accountable
* We celebrate success together
* We aspire to be remarkable
* We take individual responsibility for the success of every client
Do you share our values? Is this the kind of environment where you ll
feel empowered to do your best and most meaningful work?
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) is a leading provider of end-to-end
information management solutions and services for local governments.
Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector – cities,
counties, schools and other government entities – to become more
efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of their
constituents. Tyler’s client base includes more than 15,000 local
government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia,
and other international locations. In 2017, Forbes ranked Tyler on its
"Most Innovative Growth Companies" list, and Fortune included Tyler on
its "100 Fastest-Growing Companies" list. Headquartered in Plano,
Texas, Tyler has more than 4,200 employees in multiple divisional and
regional offices across the U.S. You can learn more about Tyler
Technologies at *****************.
The Data & Insights Division employs 150 team members, and is
headquartered in a vibrant and creative workspace in Seattle, WA. You
can learn more about this remarkable division of Tyler at
Competitive salary including a 401K with employer match, employee
stock purchase plan as well great health benefits are offered.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply right here!
Tyler Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Tyler Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or
harassment based on any of these characteristics. Tyler Technologies
encourages applicants of all ages.
We would love to talk to you if you have:
* Demonstrated mastery of at least one statically typed language
like Scala, Java, Go or C++
* Strong track record of shipping scalable software in the face of
* A great sense of humor
* Experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from
proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring
* Passion for our customers success (no really, we mean it)
* Demonstrated excellence working with database technologies
including RDBMS and NoSQL stores. Bonus points for experience with
technologies like Spark, Storm, AWS, etc.
* Comfortable working in a heterogeneous development environment
where you ll be working with multiple development languages and
Requisition Number: *******
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.