Who we are?
Aquila is one of the fastest growing FinTech companies in Silicon Valley. Aquila delivers cash analytics and cash access to thousands of small businesses, that operate with volatile cash balances. We are a platform company whose aim is to automate the hardest parts of small business financial management. We are sometimes the last company many small business merchants come to when no one else will help their businesses stay alive.
Why work at Aquila?
We are a high-energy, innovation-focused team of engineers and technologists who want to make running a small business less painful for owners all over the world. We are passionate about the intersection of finance and advanced software technologies. We are a very lean team that prides ourselves on using software to make work faster and more productive. Like the blockchain? We’re already using it! Come join us!
What we are looking for in the Senior Software Engineer?
You must enjoy writing open source software and exploring how technological innovation will change financial services for early adopter market. You must enjoy expanding your engineering skills and sharing your latest discoveries with the company. When it comes to spending your free time, you enjoy working on personal software engineering projects. You must be a team player, even when sometimes other team members drive you bonkers.
What youll do?
Write awesome software that will change the world of financial services for small businesses.
* Design and develop large scale customer facing web and mobile based applications and components, with a focus on fault-tolerance and scale
* Expose capabilities via REST, Web APIs, to run in an environment capable of handling high traffic volumes
* Create technical specifications for new APIs, executing from start to finish
* Help shape and execute the technical roadmap and strategy to develop next generation features for Aquilas small business merchants, investors, and brokers
* Automate testing and development of software modules to a high-quality standard
* Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
* Create, document, review and approve user stories quickly and with little overhead
* Participate on an Agile/Scrum team, performing peer reviews
* Productively work in highly collaborative agile team, coach junior team members, actively participate in knowledge sharing
* Pursue continued education of software engineering best practices for self improvement and team benefit.
* Propose open source projects that will be shared with the FinTech engineering community
* Blockchain and cryptocurrency API wallet application and transaction building expertise
What Qualifications and skills you need to apply?
* Expertise with the RUBY syntax, and the ability to write clean code
* Proficiency with Git, GitHub, Gitflow, Pivotal Tracker
* Experience developing distributed web services and micro-service architectures
* Experience with building and deploying high-capacity applications in cloud environments like AWS
* Experience with security best practices for data-at-rest and data-in-flow
* Experience in writing and debugging reusable libraries/GEMS
* Ability to clearly document all aspects of the codebase and functions
* Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
* Experience in designing and documenting database schemas, stored procedures and writing optimized queries
* Experience building cloud architectures that include multi-tenancy, horizontal scale, microservices, containers, and RESTful APIs
* Blockchain and cryptocurrency wallet transaction engineering and testing
* Agile development methodologies including peer review, test automation and continuous integration
* Self-motivated, strong initiative, flexible and good time management skills
* Enthusiastic, team-building attitude, good communication skills
* Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within assigned time
* Restricted Stock Equity
* Company Meals
* Full Medical and Dental coverage
Aquila is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to ***********************
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/56156 →