LawnStarter [*************************** is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing product development team. LawnStarter is a fast growing startup with an engineering team that prides itself on high energy, ambition, ridiculous productivity and an enviable foam dart gun collection.
* Trying to write great PHP but stuck with a crappy codebase at a company which doesn’t care? We’re using Laravel. Come use your experience and skills to write elegant, testable (and tested!) code.
* Interested in helping small businesses succeed? We’re helping to introduce an entire industry to technology that will create shared growth for 1000s of small businesses around the country.
As a technical lead, you will…
* Drive the technical leadership for LawnStarters core platform and infrastructure. You will maintain and improve current integrations with other services and solve hard, logistical problems that have never been solved before.
* Have a direct impact on customer and lawn care provider experience as you build software that will power thousands of lawn care companies nationwide.
* Be at the intersection of Economics, Operations Management and Data Science creating data-driven algorithms to improve LawnStarters job distribution marketplace. You will work directly with Product and Growth leads to use dynamic pricing, supply and demand forecasting, and provider-consumer matching algorithms at scale.
* Create software to predict operational inefficiencies due to weather patterns.
* Improve the platforms scalability and overall performance by integrating cutting-edge technologies such as Facebooks HHVM
* Build tools to facilitate consumer-to-lawn care provider communications
You might be a good fit if…
* You have experience with web frameworks like Rails, Laravel, CodeIgniter
* Your passion for writing elegant, maintainable, tested, bulletproof code is only surpassed by your desire to teach your coworkers those same skills
* Youre a swift learner with curiosity and excitement about working with new technologies to find the best solution for the problem at hand
* Youre a strong communicator who values a collaborative approach to problem solving and a strong product mindset
A bonus if you have…
* Experience working with the Laravel PHP Framework
* Experience setting up & maintaining high performance API clusters
* Experience with Python or Go
What is this whole LawnStarter business anyway?
LawnStarter is the easiest way for homeowners to order and manage lawn service for their homes. We connect consumers with the area’s top lawn service professionals. By doing so, we create a much more convenient experience for consumers, while increasing the efficiency of existing lawn care businesses. We raised a $6 million Series A awhile back and are based in downtown Austin, TX.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.