Employer ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIns 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our team in enhancing our live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This opportunity could be located in DAYTON, OH OR CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA.
– Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
– Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
– Research and integrate new technologies into our development and production systems.
– Write and prototype API specifications for Test-Driven Development.
– Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other engineers.
– Work on the hardest open problems in live-streamed video.
– Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience (experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
– Strong proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java, C++, etc.)
– Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
– Demonstrable problem solving skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
– Experience with Test-Driven Development.
– Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
– Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.).
– Experience with Spring or video transcoding.
– Prior work or hobbyist projects with ffmpeg, libdash, or angular.js.
– Familiarity with video coding standards (MPEG-2, MPEG-2 TS, and H.264), MISB standards, and with other issues related to video processing such as video analytics, video profiles and file formats, and audio/video synchronization.
External Referral Eligible
Employer is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Employer reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Employer with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit ****************. The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.