What you’ll be doing…
You will be part of the Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) Support Team, focused on developing solutions that drive the success of our bleeding-edge networks and platforms. Utilizing your innovative mindset, you will lead cross-functional activities with partners in Planning, Performance, and Engineering. You’ll also develop software solutions that require ingenuity with an emphasis on continuous operational improvement and efficiency.
– Identifying, evaluating, and driving new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of software design, APIs, and web technologies. API driven applications are changing the way that we do operations, and you will design, build, test, and deploy services and APIs that will be integral to the operations toolkit.
– Partnering internally and externally with vendors to provide architectural leadership and review existing services, APIs, and platforms.
– Embracing agile methodologies and demonstrating an aptitude to adapt.
– Leading the effort to transform the way we do operations by promoting a DevOps mindset.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or EE.
– Extensive knowledge of software architecture, programming languages, virtualization, and the networking layers.
– Experience with SDN, Network Controllers, and NFV Orchestration VNF Management.
– Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
– Eight or more years of experience in the telco industry focused on technology.
– Experience developing REST based web services.
– Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), REST-CONF, and YANG.
– Certification in OpenStack, CloudStack, or similar.
– Demonstrable knowledge of NextGen Optical Networks, 5G, SDN, NFV, and other leading technologies.
– Strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and decision-making skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
– Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
– Ability to work well both independently and in diverse teams.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.