Looking to be part of the future in Big Data management? StrongBox Data Solutions is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join its team of talented engineering professionals. You will be working in a dynamic environment to support one of the industrys most innovative solutions for managing data and storage resources for customers worldwide.
You will be part of a team that is revolutionizing the way people manage extremely large data environments across industries such as life sciences, media & entertainment, high performance computing, higher education & research, and much more.
* Minimum 5 years of professional experience with object-oriented programming and methodologies, such as Python, C++, C#
* 2+ years of experience with database systems
* Strong knowledge of Linux system-level software development, e.g. file IO and storage a must
* Strong knowledge of / experience with some of the following: Tornado, JSON, FUSE, ZeroMQ, TCP/IP networking, system authentication, REST APIs
* You stay up-to-date with the modern technologies and best practices
* You are passionate about writing clean, maintainable code and willing to work to a coding standard
* Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
* Strong verbal and written communications. Willing to engage, share and learn from peers.
* Possesses the ability to discuss technical information with less technical or non-technical audiences
* Able to work productively and independently
* Experience with NoSQL database systems like MongoDB sharded cluster is highly desirable
* Experience with threading and multiprocessing
* Experience with Enterprise / SaaS applications and related concepts (message queues, service-oriented architecture, caching, etc.)
* Experience with scalability concepts and strategies such as caching at various levels in the stack and asynchronous processing
* Development of clustered or distributed systems
* Experience with search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.
* Knowledge of Agile concepts and methodologies
* SDS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Life Insurance Benefits and Employee 401K Plan including a 4% match.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/119682 →