Senior Software Engineer – Java at EXPERIAN
– Small Business
Experian Site Sections
– About Experian
– Consumer Support
– Credit Advice
– Global Sites
– Corporate Fact Sheet
– Principal Businesses
– Areas of Expertise
– Corporate Responsibility
– Investor Relations
– Our Responsibility
– Our History of Service
– Our Culture
– Our Career Areas
– Our Opportunities
– University Relations
– Online Community
– Third Party Technical Providers
RadiusMiles5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 miles
Search Experian Jobs
Senior Software Engineer – Java
Costa Mesa, California
– Success Profile
– Related Content
– Recent Jobs
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
– Full Time
– Level: All
– Travel: Limited
– Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
– Innovation 9
– Problem-Solver 9
– Presenter 8
– Technologically savvy 10
– Confident 6
– Independent 4
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
– Relationship expertise
– Team player
– Technologically savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!Dhaval Dagli, Software Developer
I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations…Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
‘Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation.’ Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Technology team is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer – Java. This role will help build our next cutting edge web application which will allow consumers to purchase a variety of Experian’s products and services. The ideal candidate should be well rounded, self-motivated and enjoy fast paced development cycles. You must be expert in building micro services using java and the spring framework, in continuous and automated integration environments.
– Design and implement features and functionalities in an AWS cloud-based platform.
– Optimize a robust distributed system that is highly secure and performant.
– Recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes.
– Collaborate and contribute to architecture and design decisions driving product direction.
– Implement and maintain modern micro-services as part of the overall system.
– Own deliverables from ideation to production operationalization.
– Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, infrastructure, and adhere to software development methodologies.
– Collaborate with Business, UX, QA and back end teams to deliver superior functionalities
– Integrate RESTful web services utilizing JSON from multi-tiered web applications.
– Participates in the full Agile cycle engagements, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
– Mentor and collaborate with other team members.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field from an accredited four-year university required.
– 8+ years of exceptional programming skills in Java.
– Deep technical expertise with Spring Boot, Spring MVC, and other Spring technologies.
– Expertise writing multi-threaded high performance applications.
– Proficient in developing service-oriented (SOA) and REST architectures.
– Deep-seated experience in Unit-testing (Junit, TestNG, Jmock, MockIt, etc.).
– Solid experience with microservices architecture and Domain driven design.
– Expert knowledge of web application security.
– Experience working with Cloud environments and technologies (AWS preferred).
– Familiarity creating, using and optimizing Docker Containers.
– Working knowledge of relational databases.
– Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction.
– Attention to quality and detail.
– Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
More useful information
About this Location
Follow us for the latest updates
Experian Talent Network
Join here to receive the latest company information, news and upcoming events across Experian.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Life at Experian’s Cyber Security Department
A longtime employee explains how Experian stays fresh in the world of big data.Learn More
We know that benefits matter! Here’s just some of what we offer our U.S. employees.Learn More
A Team of 15,000 Friends: The Positive Impact Experian Has On Its Employees
Employees rave about the meaningful relationships, growth opportunities and great culture that has defined their experience.Learn More
– Sales Client Support Specialist , Pennsylvania
– Senior Front End Web Developer , Costa Mesa, California
– Senior Product Manager , Scottsdale, Arizona
– Senior Software Engineer – Java , Costa Mesa, California
– Legal Terms & Conditions
– Ad Choices
– Investor Relations
– Online Community
– Contact Us
2018 Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Experian Marketing Services All rights reserved.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Informations Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.