There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa (US-IA) – Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Software Quality Engineer – 37266
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, for John Deere Waterloo Works, you will focus on prevention of defects during the software development life cycle. In addition, you will:
- Implement a risk based approach to software quality planning.
- Implement the Quality process in development life cycle.
- Use structured methodologies to review and analyze software defects, looking for systemic causes.
- Define corrective action plans / process improvements to address the root causes.
- Communicate lessons learned to the organization.
- Drive best practices and behaviors throughout all scrum teams in an Agile working environment.
- Develop key measures and metrics of quality performance and track progress.
- Act as leader and coach throughout all phases of execution.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of Software Quality engineer experience
- 2 or more years of Software Development experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Quality standards like ISO 25119 and / or ISO 26262
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis
- Experience with Agile methodology of software development
- Software Quality certification
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115470 →