There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – Moline
Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer – 33533
***NOTE: This posting will fill multiple positions in the following locations: Waterloo, IA; Des Moines, IA; Moline, IL; Cary, NC.***
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer at John Deere, you will create software architectures, define algorithms, and work to develop software modules for our most sophisticated control and automation features. In addition you will:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the development team
- Define subsystem interface requirements
- Translate system requirements into logical design
- Lead the creation of the next generation vehicle architecture
US Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 10 or more years of production embedded software/controls development including model based software development (ex. Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow/Embedded Coder)
- 10 or more years of Embedded C/C++ software experience (hand-code)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and internationally)
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with AUTOSAR architecture, concepts, tools and production implementation
- Experience with CAN and other vehicle buses
- Experience working in an Agile environment as part of a Scrum team
- Qt development experience
- Experience working in global teams
- Experience with requirements gathering tools (ex. PREEvision, PTC Integrity, SysML Tools, etc.)
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Masters or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115554 →