As a Senior Systems Administrator, you would be responsible for the following:
* Lead and perform system administration on complex local and wide area networks.
* Performing day-to-day maintenance to include backup/recovery, performance tuning, scripting, and general monitoring of various systems.
* Plan and coordinate future network installations and upgrades.
* Mentor and train entry-level and senior system administrators.
* Design and implement system architectures.
* Provide technical leadership and supervise/task system administration team.
* Redhat/Linux/UNIX system administration experience.
* Experience with virtualization (example VMware, XenApps, etc.)
* Experience configuring domain information utilities, such as Active Directory, Centrify, LDAP, and DNS.
* Experience troubleshooting and debugging applications.
* Experience implementing computer security concepts and educating users on system security.
* Familiarity with Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) and enterprise maintenance concepts.
* A thorough understanding of OS concepts such as swapping and paging, inter-process communication, and devices and drivers.
* Familiarity with client/server and networking environments.
* An understanding of networking concepts such as routing and firewalls.
* Ability to work effectively with direct customer interaction in a real-time operational environment.
* Ability to navigate, debug, and modify programs in an advanced programming language.
* Experience engineering Storage Area Networks including large data archive, replication and backup systems.
* Experience with storage products from Oracle/Sun/STK, EMC, IBM, NetApp, and/or DDN.
* Experience with distributed file systems such as StorNext, QFS, and/or GPFS.
* Experience with system administration on multiple platforms (Windows, UNIX, Linux, and VMS).
* Ability to write PERL, python, and shell scripts.
* Experience with the deployment of enterprise maintenance software and COTS products.
* Experience configuring system backup schemes.
* Years’ of experience: 10-15
* Must have a current DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level II (Security+ CE) (minimum) certification
* B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to ************************* . Job Code: #2988
With continuous growth since our inception in 1999, ITEC has a strong and reputable presence in the aerospace and Department of Defense (DOD) market. ITEC is a member of the National Association of Government Contractors. ITEC has experienced exceptional growth because of our commitment to our customers and employees.
We invite you to learn more about ITEC at **************** . Join us. We are always seeking great talent to join our ITEC Team.
IT – Hardware
Unspecified annual salary
Unspecified hourly wage
Note: ***************** is restricted for use only to U.S. citizens with active Federal security clearance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/105696 →