Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Systems Administrator, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to supporting our customer’s IT infrastructure with a focus on meeting the needs of a geographically dispersed user base engaged in supporting the organization’s broad mission.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
As an IT service management professional experienced in providing support to Federal agency customers that operate in a demanding environment, you oversee the teams responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, that support the client’s business processing requirements. Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain systems and components in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitor and tune systems and components to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develop and promote standard operating procedures. Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Work closely with agency Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) to develop and implement security solutions, processes and procedures that comply with Federal government and agency Security requirements and best practices.
Establish goals and plans that meet client systems administration business processing project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge of processing systems (including operating system-based desktops, laptops, edge devices, and servers) engineering and operations. Direct and control support for client business computing processes, working with Unisys team to coordinate related support activities. May have overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical and project management requirements for operating system-based systems support are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making related to systems administration engineering and technical domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project and program implementation. Has the ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments related to systems administration and related operations. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. Requirements
– Proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex IT processing systems supporting 5,000 to 20,000 geographically distributed users.
– Extensive knowledge and experience supporting processing infrastructures consisting of operating system-based desktops, laptops, edge devices, and servers, including integration and deployment methodologies, operations and support, and troubleshooting and restoration.
– Extensive knowledge of and experience with Remedy; familiarity with ServiceNow a plus.
– Has used ITIL-guided operations management approach that integrate service management solutions with a repeatable, coherent systems operations and service practices.
– Familiarity with comprehensive server monitoring and event correlation tools; incident and problem management; and proactive capacity management.
– Extensive experience with meeting Federal network security compliance requirements, including tracking system and security patch releases as well as implementing patches.
– Experience maintaining audit trails of system administration activities, and conducting configuration audits.
– A strong background in supporting emergency management operations, ‘surging’ network capabilities, and operating high availability IT capabilities is highly desirable.
– Working with teams to set and achieve high client / user satisfaction levels.
– Certified in ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications highly desirable.
– Desired Certifications: Citrix Certified Administrator, Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Good for Enterprise Administration, and Mobile Iron MDM Certified Professional.
– PMI Project or Program Management Professional highly desirable.
– Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 15 years of systems administration engineering and operations experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas. Relevant experience can be substituted for education requirements.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work. About Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2017-2908
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– Boyce, VA 22620
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.