Our Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted advisor relationship with every customer.
The customer team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
The Senior Staff System Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects of assigned project from award until system acceptance.
- Final design and implementation of the radio network including infrastructure, subscribers, and mobile backhaul
- Customer presentations
- System staging
- System acceptance testing
- Radio coverage testing and interference mitigation
- Radio system licensing (FCC/Industry Canada/NTIA)
- Preparation of system fleetmap, encryption and radio programming templates
- Complete system documentation
- Live system upgrades
Travel is required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
Work will be completed within the Mid-Atlantic Territory including Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of Systems Engineering or Wireless Communications experience
- Experience/knowledge in radio communication systems, radio propagation, RF, wireless or broadband/LTE
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS)
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to nontechnical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
- Previous knowledge and experience working with Juniper, Aviat, Cisco, Nokia/Alcatel, Xtreme, Ceragon
- Experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, iBGP, eBGP, M-BGP, MPLS RSVP-TE, and LDP)
- Experience/knowledge in line of sight microwave propagation
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/136063 →