SEG has a position available for an Senior Engineer to support the MDA/IP program office Chief Engineer and Chief System Engineer to perform independent technical assessments of MDA/IP weapon systems performance. Lead each assigned assessment, direct the efforts of supporting staff, and review final products prior to submission to the Government. Use Government provided engineering simulations such as DSAT, ADAPT, CAWSS, SASEM, RT3DOF, and MBERST as required. Assist in developing configuration management records and documentation. Assist with the maturation and revision of the models and simulations as changes occur in the systems. Validate the models with results from flight tests and compare the results with user provided data. Prepare simulation verification, validation, and configuration management reports. Prepare system performance assessment reports, including associated supporting documentation. Support integration of missile defense sub-system elements into system elements. Prepare system related documents such as Sensor Fusion Analysis, Timeline Analysis, Engagement Planning Analysis, and State Diagrams. Support the preparation for transition from engineering and manufacturing development phase to production and deployment phase. Review products generated by technical staff to include: Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Qualification and Acceptance Test Procedures, Interoperability Information Support Plans, Functional Configuration Audits (FCA), and Physical Configuration Audits (PCA).
Work may require travel 15% to 30% of the time to various locations to include manufacturing sites, integration sites, and test sites within the CONUS or OCONUS.
- Education/Experience: MS in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics with 10 years experience
- Security Clearance: Active SECRET Clearance
- Possess an ability to plan, coordinate, and support product development in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent people, organizational, management and leadership skills
- Capable of leading and executing extensive engineering/scientific support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes for complex developmental and operational weapon system programs
- Capable of working independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks to solve engineering/scientific problems
- Capable of leading implementation of system engineering processes across a program acquisition life cycle
- Capable of providing daily supervision and direction to support teams
- Capability to use the Microsoft Office package to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in the design, development, testing, production, or production of missile defense weapon systems or components
- Knowledge of the various Upper and Lower Tier weapon systems within MDA/IP
- Experience working through Failure Review Board process and resolution of findings
- Familiarity with current threats as well as future threat designs, functionality, performance, countermeasures, and ability to defend against these threats.
- Experience with interacting and supporting high level government customers to include generating briefing and written products and presenting information at the executive level
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded and leading provider of missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense Program, and Program Executive Offices for Integrated Warfare Systems and Ships. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD but seeking to fill openings in Huntsville, AL to work at customer site. SEG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits, work environment and outstanding growth opportunities.
This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
SEG’s benefit package include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. SEG has a generous 401k with company match. In additional to generous vacation leave SEG ofers sick leave benefits.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115488 →