Are you looking to join a talented design team and create amazing user experiences across all digital platforms? As a senior UX designer at Grio youll have opportunities to do this and more.
Grio is seeking a senior UX designer with well-rounded skills to execute all phases of design. You will design web and mobile applications, websites, and contribute to other creative projects that involve brand, identity, and marketing. Your work will involve researching design concepts, creative interactive prototypes, conducting and analyzing user testing sessions, and collaborating with cross functional teams to create strategy and solve problems.
You will tackle various design problems and make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of different design approaches and solutions. A typical project lasts 2-4 months. During the course of each project there will be opportunities to move around, to intermingle with other teams at Grio and to hone your skills and deepen your experience as a designer.
* 5+ years relevant professional experience
* Outstanding portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of practical and/or innovative interface and UX design solutions for iOS, Android, and web applications
* Strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand identity design, digital marketing, and the creative process
* Expert level knowledge of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
* In-depth familiarity with the latest trends in mobile and web app user experience
* Ability to design throughout an entire project lifecycle, from planning and discovery, research, concept development, testing to visual design and asset handoff
* Spark fresh ideas and push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
* Experience creating project plans that solve problems and meet goals while considering scope, budget, and deadlines
* Knowledge of UX research methods such as stakeholder and user interviews, competitive analysis, persona development, experience mapping, etc.
* Experience creating concept designs including hypothesis and problem definition, user task flows, design charrette, wireframes, visual mockups, etc.
* Knowledge of creating paper and interactive prototypes used to convey design intent or user testing
* Communicate design rationale effectively to key stakeholders and clients
* Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (fellow designers, product managers, developers) to create designs solutions and deliverables
* Experience and understanding of product management and the agile process
* Deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
* Expert-level proficiency with design tools in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision.
* Excellent visual design skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated mastery of typography, color, and layout
* Relevant B.S./B.A degree or equivalent experience
Our office is conveniently located on Montgomery and Market in SF at the BART stop with close proximity to restaurants and events. Snacks, coffee and sundries always available in the Grio kitchen. Many of our staff who live in SF bike to work.
We offer a competitive benefits package and the option to work remotely some of the time.
Compensation includes competitive salary, company revenue bonuses, 5% 401k match, paid health/dental/LTD insurance, 50% health coverage for spouse and dependents, a small company, family-like culture, and a great office with plenty of natural light.
Grio will consider relocation assistance and J-1, H1-B sponsorship dependent on the applicants qualifications and skill-set.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.