We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to partner with existing UI and Gameplay teams to design a range of User Interface and User Experience content and functionality for a critically acclaimed platform.
Your job will be to interpret the needs of a game and its systems, to understand what drives the information being presented to our users, for a profound experience. We want someone that desires collaboration with engineers, artists and designers and enjoys driving technical implementation and asset creation.
You will own user experience, and not just menus and on-screen overlays, but how we communicate information to the people that will experience our platform.
* Design the UI and UX
* Support and supplement the creative vision of the Game Director, Art Director and Design Director
* Achieving clarity and visual quality within technical constraints.
* Participate in the creation and maintenance of a collaborative, functioning, iterative UI pipeline
* Create and/or integrate assets and test functionality of UI components.
* Define elegant and intuitive UI/UX structure and flow, utilizing grey-boxing, wire-framing and other prototyping techniques.
* Ensure information is conveyed to the user clearly, and in keeping with the visual style and context of the game as a whole.
* Create front-end shell and pause menus, this might also include upgrades and user progression systems.
* Own and communicate the high level vision and creative goals for the User Experience.
* Play and analyze many games, and understand a wide variety of approaches to UI and UX.
* 6+ years in game development, with at least 4 years in UI or UX design role.
* Be passionate and knowledgeable about UI and UX design, and able to articulate this.
* Ability to generate and convey the vision for the user experience.
* Understand how to break down that vision into an executable roadmap.
* Recent console title shipped in UI or UX Design role is preferred.
* Experience creatively leading a cross-functional team is preferred.
You will work with a team of more than 200 of the top game developing professionals and will assume a leadership role while enjoying a work life that is just minutes from the beach in sunny Southern California.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with your experience and we will continue to provide everyone with both autonomy and the opportunity to have a great work-life balance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.