Join our Winning Team as a Service Desk Intern
Are you customer focused and enjoy helping others? Do you take pride in bringing solutions that make work easier and more efficient? If so, CARFAX may be the place for you! Our internal Service Desk team provides a full range of networked computer support services to internal CARFAX employees and visitors. We provide face-to-face, telephone, and electronic service to our customers to support the overall infrastructure, systems, and processes necessary to operate a high availability, fast paced environment.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
The Internal Service Desk team provides a full range of networked computer support services to internal CARFAX employees and visitors. Service is provided face-to-face, via telephone, and electronically. Service desk analysts regularly work with other technical staff to support the overall infrastructure, systems, and processes necessary to operate a high availability, fast-paced environment.
- Handle all interrupt from end users
- Respond to service desk tickets and calls
- Configure new and existing PC’s, laptops, virtual machines as required using Carfax processes and procedures
- Escalates technical issues to second level support when unable to resolve via first contact.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to customer’s hardware and software problems to ensure user productivity.
- Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, internal ticketing system, visits, IM and email in a timely manner
- Support, and troubleshoot mobile devices and related tools using CARFAX processes and procedures.
- Install and update software using IT internal tech stack.
- Document support issues and resolutions
- Document support trends and opportunities
The ideal candidate will assist the Service Desk team with their service desk daily tasks while they focus on completing some of our current projects for this fiscal year. The candidate must be proficient at oral and written communication, must maintain good rapport with customers, must exercise skill in managing multiple concurrent tasks, and must show an aptitude to resolve support issues using sound troubleshooting methodologies.
- Ability to lift and carry 60 pounds (workstations, servers, printers, etc.)
- Must be able to lift and move desktop PCs as well as maneuver under counters to run cables and wires for PCs.
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116550 →