Position Overview: Provide information system solutions to internal departments and external customers and partners. Responsibilities include analyzing requirements, understanding business processes and needs, and recommending solutions to achieve the business goals. Solutions will include implementation and integration of purchased applications and development of applications and integrations where appropriate. Projects are completed with cross-functional teams of IT peers and business partners. Manage time and expectations to ensure a high degree of stakeholder and user satisfaction.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Develop and configure mission-critical applications and/or web portals. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments. Liaise with other IT staff to improve system efficiency, security, and functionality.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Provide troubleshooting support to other staff.
- Design and apply new methods and procedures. Develop and test systems, programs, and database structure for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Train users in technical aspects of systems.
- Participate in selection and recommendation of suppliers and vendors. Assist in management of those relationships.
- Balance high-priority work with lower priority maintenance work to ensure both success of projects and smooth operation of existing functions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for system and process improvement. Work with management and stakeholders to prioritize and implement solutions accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: Two years of relevant experience in real-world systems development and analysis in a business environment.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or closely related field.
Knowledge: Visual Studio.NET languages and Microsoft Transact-SQL, normalized database design. Client/server design concepts. Self-management skills for coordinating numerous, simultaneous projects. Responsible for accurate, reliable design, development, maintenance, and testing of applications. Participate in broad information systems assignments requiring originality and ingenuity. Work independently and in teams using various development methods, like Agile. Code Management (such as Team Foundation Server); Use of change control and production control for deployments.
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Building Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Work Standards
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for our customers’ experience.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our communities-internal and external.
- We encourage creativity, innovation, continuous improvement, and the pursuit of excellence.
Environment: Work inside in a general office setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required approximately 5% of the time.
Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while performing core job functions. Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate clearly and effectively.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times.
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/135383 →