GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: POSITION OPENING
WHO WE ARE:
Oakland Schools is a regional service agency that offers support services to school personnel that are best delivered regionally and provide cost, size and quality advantages to those we serve. Oakland Schools is an autonomous, tax-supported public school district governed by Michigan General School Laws and is one of 56 intermediate school districts (ISDs) established in Michigan in 1962.
Our organizational focus is centered on these central objectives:
· Increase student achievement
· Serve diverse needs of schools
· Decrease costs/increase efficiencies
$72,209 – $82,566 Annually / Exempt position / 12-month work year
IN THIS ROLE:
Oakland Schools is looking for an experienced Software Developer to assume responsibility for producing detailed specifications and writing the code for multi-threaded or user interface event-driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access remote servers or web services. Are you ready to take your career to the next level? If so, apply today!
WHAT WE NEED:
We are seeking a motivated collaborative team member to develop and maintain application back-end functionality, monitoring server operations and performance of existing and new applications; implement full cycle application deployments – develop, code, test, and maintain software releases and updates; diagnose and resolve software application problems and issues; identify and recommend changes to enhance efficiency of existing software development processes; monitor legal compliance of Oakland Schools web applications; research new concepts for root-level functionality and development standardizations of Oakland Schools’ websites and web applications; provide training to end users on software operations, functionality and features.
WHAT YOU NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field plus 4 – 6 years of related experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
· Experience in ASP.NET – Web Forms/MVC
· Experience in Languages: .NET/VB/C#
· Experience in SQL/DB Reporting Functions
· Experince in token-based authentication
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Oakland Schools offers company paid coverage for life insurance, short and long-term disability, well-being benefits and leave days. In addition, Oakland Schools offers comprehensive medical coverage or cash in lieu benefit, dental, vision, additional optional life insurance, health savings and/or flexible spending accounts, pet insurance, legal plan, college savings plans, tax-sheltered annuity (TSA) plans and the Office of Retirement Services retirement plans.
Letters of interest and resumes will only be accepted through the Oakland County Human Resource Consortium. Application material not received via OHRC will not be given consideration. Please do not email or fax application materials to Oakland Schools.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Before you submit your resume and letter of interest, please review the following important instructions/information:
· Please indicate in your letter of interest how you found out about this position opening and the title of the position you are applying for.
· If you are selected for a first round interview, Oakland Schools will contact you via email after the initial posting closing date. Resumes submitted on or prior to the initial posting closing date will be given first consideration.
· If you currently subscribe to a privacy manager telephone service, please be advised that this service may hinder Oakland Schools’ ability to contact you for the purpose of scheduling an interview.
Oakland Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation (subject to the limits of applicable law), age, genetic information, or disability in its programs, services, activities or employment opportunities. Inquiries related to employment discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Personnel Management and Labor Relations at 248.209.2429. Title IX complaints should be directed to the Manager/Supervisor, Career Focused Education at 248.209.2160. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakland.k12.mi.us/employment/job-postings/Pages/default.aspx →