We’re a stable, fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. Our products are leading the information security training industry and our customers are excited by what we offer. We have a diverse selection of instructor-led trainings online and in-person for our clients to choose from as well as our unique online certification test prep site. Our SecurityIQ solution is helping our clients prepare their employees to shut down phishing scams and increase their information security awareness. We give them the knowledge they need to be confident things won’t slip through the cracks on their last line of defense, employees.
As a mid-market company, we’re not interested in office politics or the endless trials of corporate hierarchies and bureaucracy. We’re interested in getting things done. Our management teams are open to your suggestions and make sound decisions on helping us grow. It’s evident in the 450% growth we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
As a Software Developer on our team, you’ll be working on our Skillset application. You’re passionate about coding and doing things right. You have experience with both front and back end development and have worked on coding an application from scratch. You thrive in a small team atmosphere where your ideas and contributions are welcomed and open, direct communication is a two-way street. You love having the freedom to code without constant interruptions or endless meetings and you appreciate autonomy in your decision-making.
Skillset helps our students prepare to take certifications through algorithmic learning and targeted video tutorials. You’re excited to be an integral contributor in building the next generation skills assessment and test preparation platform.
– 3-5 years of prior professional web development experience.
– Bonus points for familiarity with CakePHP and React, our frameworks of choice.
– Comfortable writing and debugging SQL (we use MySQL) and using an ORM.
– A sound understanding of general and web application security concepts (e.g., OWASP Top 10) and an attitude of security conscientiousness.
– Familiarity with Git, Github/Bitbucket, pull requests, resolving merge conflicts, etc.
– Basic Linux / command line skills.
– An enthusiasm for working on a self-organizing Agile team, delivering business value through working software on a bi-weekly basis.
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
Why you should join us at InfoSec Institute
– We promote from within!
– High level of autonomy in your role
– Work with a smart, savvy team of developers doing awesome things
– Fun work environment and casual dress code
– Flexible schedule
– Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance)
– PTO and paid holidays
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, you can apply using the form on the right of your screen. A real human being, me – Lorelei, will review your application and get back to you if you’re a good fit. If you’re unsure or have questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at *********************************. I look forward to speaking with you soon!
About InfoSec Institute
InfoSec Institute was founded in 1998 by an expert team of information security instructors. Their goal was to build a business by offering the best possible training experience for students. We felt that by providing the best possible hands on training, the most practical for today’s demanding workplace requirements, that the business would grow by leaps and bounds. This original assumption proved true. InfoSec Institute has trained over 15,000 individuals. Unlike other training companies that have been founded by non-technical business persons, InfoSec Institute deeply understands the needs of today’s IT professionals and is best positioned to offer world class training.
InfoSec Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/97004 →