Careers Center | Software Development Engineer in Test II
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Software Development Engineer in Test II
Job Locations US-OH-Cleveland
Requisition ID 2018-6899
Category Information Technology
Position Type Regular Full-Time
The Software Development Engineer in Test II is a key member of the software delivery team at AmTrust. An individual in this position should be proficient in software development best practices and principles, as well as how to ensure that new and existing applications are thoroughly tested from both a quality standpoint, through actual performance. A successful candidate should have an interest in software testing, and understand how all phases of testing can be applied in order to improve the overall quality of an application. Additionally, they should be comfortable providing feedback pertaining to existing testability and quality issues to the development organization.
The primary focus of this role will be testing in code through unit and integration tests, as well as through the creation or maintenance of automated end-to-end tests which occur in the UI of applications. In addition, there may be instances where other test types will need to be employed, depending on the project.
– Creation, review, and maintenance of unit, integration, and automated end-to-end tests
– Ability to understand and write code in C# / ****** with Visual Studio
– Ability to write queries and scripts for SQL
– Collaborate with all team members to ensure that tasks are completed on-time, and as expected
– Report any bugs or defects discovered in any level of the application
– Complete any maintenance or new development necessary on end-to-end UI automation framework
– Convert manual regression tests to automated end-to-end or integration tests as appropriate
– Collaborate with Software Quality team to assist in regression and functional testing when new changes are introduced
– Analyze and identify areas for improvement in existing test systems
– Conduct diagnostic analysis and troubleshooting to resolve complex software issues
– Maintain a solid understanding of QA workflows, automation best practices, and agile methodologies
– Maintain proficiency in application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the IT department
– May perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
– Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
– Excellent planning and organization skills, with a commitment to meet agreed deliverables
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
– Experience testing complex, multi-tiered web-based systems and complex data-driven applications
– Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) required; application processing knowledge preferred
– Experience with SQL programming and database technologies
– 2 or 4 year degree in Computer Science, or commensurate experience
– 3+ years experience in a software development role, OR
– 3+ years experience in a software testing role, using an automation tool such as Selenium, UFT, or white box testing
for this job online
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.