Business Group Architecture and Software
No. of Positions 1
Requisition Number 72455BR
Job Category Engineering and Technicians
Position Type Full Time
Relocation Eligible Yes
Position Summary About the Opportunity
The Systems Software Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing, and testing software for both PLCs and embedded controllers that are used to control LSM transport systems. The Systems Software Engineer will have to learn Magnemotions multi-level control system and algorithms to route vehicles through the Magnemotion system. This individual will have to interface with the software, SQA, and customer support groups to ensure the software design, PLC programs, and testing meets the requirements of all stakeholders and to ensure the successful delivery of software to end customers.
This person will assume responsibility for multiple software and projects during the development and testing phases. Specifically the person will:
* Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and maintain embedded software written in the C programming language for a multi-level LSM transport control system.
* Ensure adherence to software development process and configuration management systems
* Ensure timely deliverables to project milestones.
* Work with the software group as well as the SQA, and customer support groups to ensure delivered software meets all functional requirements.
* Be knowledgeable of Ethernet network functionality and capabilities.
* Have the ability to program Rockwells Logix PLCs for testing software and proving out control capabilities. Being familiar with the CIP-Sync time synchronization capability is a plus.
* Communicate effectively to management and to all stakeholder groups.
EOE, M/F/DISABLE, VET
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Requirements
* BS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science
* Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa now, or in the future for this job opening.
* 2+ years of related experience
* General understanding of Linux operating system and C programming
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking
* Minimum 2 years experience of Rockwell Logix PLC programming capability as applied to motion control systems
* General understanding of multi-level control systems, especially applying to transport systems a plus
* General understanding of engineering disciplines, especially software development and test, design verification and validation
* Well organized with strong technical and communication skills
* Leadership Experience
* Experience with Automated testing
* Experience working in an Agile environment
Country(s) United States
EEO Statement Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at ************************************.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Company Overview Rockwell Automation, the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Work State/City Devens – Massachusetts
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/72236 →