Great opportunity to join a small team as it designs and develops a new enterprise software product for the FBI. The project is a modernization of a robust JEE application, rebuilding it in the cloud with a newer technology stack. (See Desired Qualifications below). In this role you will have responsibilities across the full technology stack and software development lifecycle design, develop, unit test, support.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Analyze advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions and articulate clear recommendations
* Collaborate with analysts, customer and developers to produce software designs
* Contribute continual improvements to project design and programming standards/best practices
* Transform software design into efficient code in accordance with project design and best practices
* Effectively manage technical tasks of software design, implementation, and integration
* Actively engage with customers and effectively communicate technical concepts
* Experience with object oriented design and programming
* Experience with relational database management systems
* Ability to perform software development tasks independently, and in teams
* Active Top Secret clearance
* Bachelor’s Degree
* At least 3 years’ experience with software development
At least 1 year of experience with one or more of the following technologies:
Individual Benefits Account (IBA)
In order to attract and retain the highest quality staff, Northstrat provides a unique and versatile benefits package, the Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which places the power of choice in the hands of our greatest asset the employee.
The purpose of the IBA is to provide attractive benefits to all full-time employees of Northstrat on a flexible basis that enables each covered employee to select a package that best suits his or her needs. Whether those needs are paid time off, medical expenses, prescription drug expenses, cash disbursement, or a combination of any of these, the IBA provides flexibility to help you meet your specific goals. The IBA can be used for such things as:
* Medical Insurance through Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
* 100% Medical Reimbursement
* Time Off With Pay
* Profit Sharing Plan
* Educational Benefits
* Additional Income
IBA Benefits accrue each month in the amount equivalent to 50% of the employees monthly compensation rate. That is, the effective dollar amount of this accrual is in addition to an employees salary.
PROFIT SHARING PLAN (PSP)
The PSP is a qualified retirement plan that Northstrat funds semi-annually on the employees behalf through the IBA in the amount equivalent to 25% (up to the IRS contribution limit) of the employees compensation. That is, of the 50% accrual in the IBA, half of the amount accrued is applied to the PSP.
Because Northstrat is an employee-owned company, all new employees are offered stock options. Employees have the opportunity to receive additional stock options based on accomplishment of individual performance goals. Stock owners elect the Board of Directors and are directly impacted by the success of the company.
Northstrat does not mandate specific working hours. Although project requirements may dictate schedules, a Northstrat employee is only required to work an average of 8 hours per weekday over the course of a month. For example: John Doe worked 12 hours on June 1st to meet a project deadline. On June 15th, John only worked 4 hours because he left early for a long weekend. Johns IBA was not debited for time off because flex time allowed him to carry over those 4 hours from June 1st.
Northstrat is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59307 →