Northstrat has a great opportunity for a Software Engineer with a strong background in software engineering to include the design, development, integration and deployment of new software applications.
The Software Engineer will be working on a team focused on developing cutting edge prototypes and capabilities. Engineers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design
* Provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions during the development phase
* Provide support to test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline
* Understand and be able to communicate technical concepts
* Collaborate on technical items with the larger team
* Knowledge of development and configuration management practices with previous development experience
* Expertise with Java, C, C++, Python, AngularJS, Jquery, JSON, and XML
* Experience with JIRA, SVN, GIT, Bamboo, Puppet, and other development tools.
* Experience with Web services
* Expertise in service based development
* Experience with Messaging
* Expertise with Linux operating systems
* Basic understanding of software defined radio systems
* Exposure to all phases of product development (concept, design, implementation, test, and production)
* Minimum of BS or higher degree in engineering, computer science, information technology, or related field
Job Location: Dulles, VA;
Clearance required: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Northstrat provides a unique and versatile benefits package, the Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which places the power of choice in the hands of our greatest asset the employee.
The purpose of the IBA is to provide attractive benefits to all full-time employees of Northstrat on a flexible basis that enables each covered employee to select a package that best suits his or her needs. Whether those needs are paid time off, medical expenses, prescription drug expenses, cash disbursement, or a combination of any of these, the IBA provides flexibility to help you meet your specific goals. The IBA can be used for such things as:
* Medical Insurance through Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
* 100% Medical Reimbursement
* Time Off With Pay
* Profit Sharing Plan
* Educational Benefits
* Additional Income
IBA Benefits accrue each month in the amount equivalent to 50% of the employees monthly compensation rate. That is, the effective dollar amount of this accrual is in addition to an employees salary.
PROFIT SHARING PLAN (PSP)
The PSP is a qualified retirement plan that Northstrat funds semi-annually on the employees behalf through the IBA in the amount equivalent to 25% (up to the IRS contribution limit) of the employees compensation. That is, of the 50% accrual in the IBA, half of the amount accrued is applied to the PSP.
Because Northstrat is an employee-owned company, all new employees are offered stock options. Employees have the opportunity to receive additional stock options based on accomplishment of individual performance goals. Stock owners elect the Board of Directors and are directly impacted by the success of the company.
Northstrat does not mandate specific working hours. Although project requirements may dictate schedules, a Northstrat employee is only required to work an average of 8 hours per weekday over the course of a month. For example: John Doe worked 12 hours on June 1st to meet a project deadline. On June 15th, John only worked 4 hours because he left early for a long weekend. Johns IBA was not debited for time off because flex time allowed him to carry over those 4 hours from June 1st.
Northstrat is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/94264 →