Job ID #: 63142
Position Title: Software Engineer
Functional Area: Engineering
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 – 5 Years
Travel Percent: 5
Lenovo Workstations provide powerful solutions to drive productivity, innovation, and design excellence in key vertical segments such as Manufacturing Design, Engineering & CAD, Animation/Media/Web Creation, Science/Medical, Oil & Gas, and Finance.
To maintain our leadership and compete in this aggressive marketplace, we are looking to enhance our team with additional talent. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer with education/experience necessary to develop multiple software applications for our Workstations and supporting devices. As part of the Workstation Development team, you will be responsible for:
– Interfacing with Product Marketing, Sales teams, and end-customers to understand their pain points and desires relative to Workstation software applications.
– Working with our software architects to create new or enhance existing software applications.
– Coding of aforementioned applications to the correct specifications in a timely manner.
– Managing software defects by working with the validation team to recreate, debug, and solve the issues.
– Ensuring our software applications meet the highest security standards and are fully compliant with all internal software security requirements. Position Requirements
– Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
– At least 3-5 years professional experience in software development. Additional experience a plus.
– Familiar with all modern programming languages, including C++, C#, Java, HTML, Python
– Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as background in Android and iOS
– Understanding of modern security threats, and a coding philosophy to minimize exposure to such threats
– Knowledge of PC Systems, including current microprocessor architectures
– Ability to respond and adapt to change
– Able to work well in small teams and take direction from others
– Well organized, with good written and oral communication skills
– Passionate about software development, and creating solutions which solve our customer’s problems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.