We are a dynamic team of professionals supplying our highly successful technology-based products worldwide. We are seeking an organized, efficient, self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude to join our Engineering team.
In this role for an electrical or software engineer with a strong background in embedded control systems to assist in software and system development. The successful candidate will become a member of a highly skilled team working on a variety of interesting, and challenging projects.
– Implementing real-time distributed control systems (for stabilizing ship motions)
– Graphical User Interface/UX design
– Technical reports and documentation
– Full spectrum of product development (concept, requirement gathering, specification, design, implementation, test, debug, production, and support)
– Champion product quality and assume responsibility for timeliness of project completion
– Occasional field support to evaluate, test, calibrate, and commission select systems onboard ships
– Other duties reasonably assigned
– BS Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering
– Minimum 0-5 years of experience developing real-time embedded control systems
– Excellent proficiency with C/C++
– Knowledge of control theory, including PID loops
– Experience with microprocessors and microcontrollers
– Experience integrating distributed devices such as sensors or servo controllers
– Performing A/D & D/A conversions and communicating with peripherals
– Specific knowledge of Intel, ARM, and Microchip PIC devices
– Experience with Graphical User Interface/UX design
– Knowledge of version control systems such as GIT or Subversion
– Knowledge of real-time operation systems
– Experience with LabVIEW and/or MATLAB
– Marine experience (Naval, Coast Guard or Merchant Marine service)
– Experience with control of electric and hydraulic actuators and devices
– Knowledge of scripting languages such as shell scripts or Python
– Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTPS, and web development
– Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and interact with coworkers within and across departments
– Self-starter, ability to work independently, learn new skills and stay on task
– Ability to balance objectives with constraints to narrow options and focus on the most appropriate design in a time efficient manner
– Analytical ability with numerical aptitude
– Professional demeanor
– Neat, organized, and documentation oriented
Naiad Dynamics US, Inc. is a well-established Naiad Maritime Group, Inc. company with operations in CT, MD and FL USA, with affiliated companies in the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Australia. We engineer, manufacture, and supply high quality specialized ship systems throughout the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including major healthcare coverage, dental, 401(k) with immediately vested 100% company match, disability insurance, life insurance, and an employee profit sharing program. Benefits subject to policy/plan details.
Send resume with salary history/expectation in confidence to:
NAIAD DYNAMICS US, INC.
Attn: Human Resource Manager
50 Parrott Drive, Shelton, CT 06484
affirmative action-equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118931 →