New opening for a Software engineer with a clearance!
Must have TS/SCI SSBI clearance
Work with an experienced team of software developers to help come up with innovative solutions to complex problems. The team will work closely with Systems Engineers to design
ideal solutions with the end user and operational needs in mind. Software engineers will gain experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. Developers apply various technologies including Java, J2EE, JMS, Webservices, Python, Ruby, Chef, C++, Oracle, Mongo.
– Developing new functional capabilitieswithin software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
– Responsible for performing development, integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
– Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
– Develop software, tailor reusable software, and integrate software components
– Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
– United States Citizen
– Active TS/SCI SSBI level clearance is required
– 2+ years of Software Development experience
– Programming skills Java and/or C++
– Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
– Proficiency in Windows, Unix and/or Linux
– Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
– Strong oral and written communication skills; problem solving skills
Desired Skills depending on project and position:
– Experience with the entire software lifecycle (preliminary design through test, and maintenance phases)
– Experience and knowledge related to one or more specific technologies:
– Satelliteground systems
– Mission Management systems
– Planning and Scheduling
– Command and Telemetry
– Flight Dynamics models
Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
– Experience with requirements and use case analysis
– Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
– Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc)
– DevOps and Continuous Integration, Service Oriented Architecture, Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse, Web Service design and development, Security related software development; databases (Mongo, Postgres)
– Geographical mapping and plotting using NextMidas or some other C++/Java/Web frameworks
Required Education: Bachelor of Science. Preferred majors: Computer Science, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering. Equivalent experience accepted
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
GeoLogics is a 25 year old technical services and staffing company with SBA Certification as SDB and Minority owned. Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country, GeoLogics is well positioned to fulfill any need. The Company provides software, IT and engineering and recruitment services, mission critical solutions, and technical support to the Defense and Aerospace industry, agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development. Additional strengths are in providing cleared applicants with TS/SSBI/SCI clearances. GeoLogics is a cleared facility that can hold up to a TS clearance. Contact Info
– Denver Metro area, CO
– Grace Kushan
– Phone: ************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.