Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a software engineer with Java/JEE/Web Services software skills, and at least two years of software design, code and test experience.
The candidate will work as part of a mission planning software development team to design, code, and test new software in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support the larger ground station system. The position will include debugging and integrating challenging software systems designed in a distributed application environment, and defining and developing significant features and upgrades. This position may require business travel in support of customer meetings and operational system deployment and support activities.
Keywords: Java, JEE, OOAD, software development, .NET, C#, REST, Git,
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 2+ year(s) software development, code, and debugging experience across the entire development lifecycle
– Proficiency with Java/JEE
– Proficiency with Eclipse and/or IntelliJ IDE
– Experience with Java Frameworks
– Knowledge of and experience with software design patterns and their application
– Experience with object oriented design patterns, their uses and tradeoffs
– Self-starter with ability to multi-task
– Team player with proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaboration environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
– Experience with SCM tools such as Git, SVN, Clear Case, etc.
– Experience with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Make, Ant
– Experience with Microservices Frameworks such as Spring boot, Jersey, Swagger, Apache Karaf, Docker
– Experience working with and maintaining legacy code bases
– Experience working with Government data standards such as UCI, OMS, and UCS
– Experience with optimizing Java applications and memory management
– Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite
– Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
– Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.
– Active security clearance or eligible
– Knowledge of concurrency and multithreading
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 40435BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– San Diego, CA 92127
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.