Date: Sep 6, 2018
Location: Hazelwood, MO, US, 63042
Company: FlightSafety International
Location: VSS Office (0001) Hazelwood , Missouri 63042 , United States (US)
FlightSafety’s state-of-the-art Visual Systems and Displays are recognized around the world for offering the highest quality, value and industry-leading innovative technologies.
We’ve delivered more than 1,000 VITAL visual systems to customers in 42 countries since 1972. Our team of more than 200 engineers, systems specialists and service and support professionals work closely together to deliver world-leading visual systems and collimated glass mirror and dome displays.
We are looking for experienced, creative, self-motivated individuals who want to make a difference in their world by applying their skills, and learning new ones as part of a dynamic team. So if you’re ready for your next career opportunity and are intrigued by the thought of joining a world leader and pioneer in the development, application, service and support of simulation displays- you owe it to yourself to talk to us.
Job Title: Software Engineer (Computer Systems, Realtime 3D Graphics, Display Systems)
* Create software supporting an extensive flight simulator content creation pipeline including 3D models, terrain, texture and animation for locations ranging from commercial airports and military bases to hospitals, oilrigs and everywhere in between .
* Design, develop, test and troubleshoot software across the development cycle including requirements assessment, integration and maintenance.
* Use disciplined software development methods, construction techniques, usability and interface skills, test methodologies and configuration management. Write documentation. Contribute to product and process management information systems.
* Collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Communicate between departments. Support end users. Provide reports to management.
* Design prototypes for new technologies.
* Remain current on state-of-the-art technologies through technical papers, periodicals, and conferences.
3D Content Creation Requirements
* C++/C# programming
* Algorithm development
* Software architecture
* Object oriented design
* User interface development
* BS/MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or other applicable technical field
Technical Experience in any of the Following Areas a Plus:
* 3D modeling and animation
* Game development – Unity, Unreal, Crytek, etc.
* 3rd Party API/SDK tool development in areas such as Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Presagis or ArcGIS
* Image processing and/or texture tools – Photoshop, gimp
* Geographic information systems (GIS)
* Strong geometry and mathematics capability – Euclidean and projective geometry, matrix algebra, vector math
* Relational Databases – MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Perl/Python or other scripting experience
* STL and/or Boost libraries and data structures
* Design patterns and/or multi-threading experience
* MS Visual Studio
* Reading and using technical specifications
* Lean/Agile Software Development
* Infrared sensor, night vision and/or radar systems
What We Offer
* Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.