Overview: Crisis Text Line is a data- and tech-driven not-for-profit. We’ve built our own online platform for engaging with young people in crisis (think: suicide, self-harm, domestic violence, etc) over SMS using standard, open web technologies.
How we work:
* Fail intelligently. We’re always do our absolute best work, but we’re ready to fail at any moment so we build with redundancy and fault-tolerance.
* Pick the right tool. Technology is a means, not an end. We try to see where the bleeding edge is, but live in the realm of reality and practicality.
* Access control. Alice and Bob are our best friends, but we know that Alice and Bob are inherently untrustworthy. We write your code to make sure Alice and Bob cant conspire against us or our users.
* Speed. A teen expects a response to a text message in under 14 minutes. Were shooting for no more than 5. That means the platform needs to run fast, and support agents need to be able to use it efficiently and effectively.
* Testing. Testing isnt just clicking buttons. Testing means optimizing user experience and listening to your users rather than your gut. And of course, running automated tests too. You would never deploy untested code into production, right?!
* Cloud. We think scale. The cloud isnt a solution, its an assumption.
What we work on:
* Salesforce integrations
* Custom, home-grown Symfony2 app for SMS-web interaction and other Node applications
* Multiple other integrations with 3rd parties, etc Twillio, Facebook, Okta, Form Assembly
* Tech chops. You have 2-5 years experience working with Java. Its a strong plus if you also are familiar with any of the following: Salesforce Apex, PHP/Symfony2, node.js, *********, or React.
* Drive. Youre not afraid to start a project with an empty git repo and text file.
* Independence. Youre comfortable working from a set of requirements laid out for a development sprint and interfacing with the right people to get the job done on time.
* Fun. Teen crisis is a serious issue we work with day to day, but that doesnt mean that work cant be fun. A cat video is as exciting as deploying a new version of PHP to the web servers in the cloud. Though no points lost if PHP > cats.
* Passion. Youre not here just for the coding. New ideas about how to make the platform better and how to build smarter is what keeps you up at night. Nancy Lublins TED talk, Texting that saves lives, just makes sense and gets you fired up.
* Location. You live around or are willing to relocate to New York, NY, Durham, NC, San Francisco, CA, or Barcelona, Spain
* 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus work from anywhere Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day), fully covered health insurance, matching 401K, fun office environment, passionate team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you dont have to come to work on your birthday (but well probably bake you cookies if you do).
* Crisis Text Line is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/55805 →