Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that’s transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world?s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They?re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our team builds the platforms that enable all other teams to develop products in a safe, fast and easy manner, and ensuring that our products are accessible to all our customers.
The Accessibility Engineer will work with internal customers (engineers, managers, product owners and customer support specialists) making sure all our shared components and end-user experiences meet the accessibility our customers need and expect, across web, mobile and desktop platforms. In this role, you will be central to ensure our core components are accessible as well as to deliver the tooling that ensures our accessibility in a repeatable and scalable manner.
We’re looking for a true Accessibility Champion to take Dropbox even further. You will have a strong influence on setting vision, direction and advancing the state of our products with large scope and customer base. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together. Come join us, and have a true impact building out accessible applications that millions of users depend on every day.
- Collaborate across Engineering teams, building tools, providing testing frameworks and defining processes to help them build and maintain accessible software as easily as possible
- Understand specific solutions for a11y challenges across all platforms. Recommend appropriate tradeoffs in a11y, feature performance and code maintenance
- Help define the quality bar and deliver telemetry, instrumentation, and dashboards to track and understand the state of our products? a11y compliance and enable data-driven decision and troubleshooting
- Provide education, subject-matter expertise and drive awareness on company vision and goals regarding a11y
- Collaborate with Product Management to provide business context for accessibility needs for products, and contribute to defining a roadmap for a11y work
- Partner with Design to ensure a11y concerns are included from the start. Understand implications for a11y of designed behaviors, product flows, color palettes, layout, fonts, asset sizes, visual and auditory cues
- Work with Legal to understand and interpret industry policies and requirements, e.g. CVAA, VPAT, WCAG, Section 508, etc to help assess risk and provide guidance to product teams on feature and bug prioritization
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals
- Experience with industry-standard tools for using assistive technologies (JAWS, Window-Eyes, Narrator, ?)
- Familiarity with writing and setting up tools to instrument, test, debug and fix a11y issues as well as with platform-specific technical challenges in this area
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems that drive software accessibility
- Understanding of what it takes to deliver scalable solutions that apply to many teams across time
- Genuine eagerness to evangelize, educate and collaborate with others
- Platform experience building components for web, desktop or mobile. Cross-platform experience is a big plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115675 →