We’re a small team of engineers working to help people build credit and savings. Weve been busy building an in-house banking core that allows us to underwrite and service loans for our customers. With this comes the operational challenge of having to maintain a high-level of security and reliability thats expected of a modern financial technology stack. Our infrastructure is mostly hosted on Amazon Web Services. Some tools we work with daily include Docker, Terraform, Packer, Gitlab, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL. Most of our code is written in Python, but were open to using other languages if our needs align.
We’re looking for a server-side engineer to join our team to work on improving our back-end financial systems. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership over important parts of our operations and make important technical decisions. The ideal candidate would enjoy solving complex financial and programming challenges.
* Bachelors degree in computer science or bachelors degree in a STEM field.
* 3+ years of software industry experience (or 3+ years with Masters/PhD)
* Solid understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
* Diverse knowledge of various database technologies (including both relational databases and NoSQL stores)
* Proficient with back-end technologies such as Python, PHP, MySQL (or PostgreSQL)
* Strong experience with databases
* Working knowledge of at least one cloud infrastructure provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
* Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git (or other VCS), JIRA, confluence and similar platforms.
* Ability to work in a Unix-based operating system (Linux, MacOS)
* Professional Fintech experience strongly desired
* Understanding of microservices architecture
* Understanding of data architecture systems (including data warehousing and data analytics).
* Basic understand of containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Knowledge of web protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SSL
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79829 →