Who are you?
You’re an upbeat, creative, fun loving engineer looking for an opportunity in an exciting, fast paced, growing startup. You like working in teams but are also excellent at working on your own. You don’t mind asking others for help and you’re also happy to help others when they need it. You’re a self-motivated developer who enjoys learning new technologies and languages and loves the challenge of complex problems to solve.
Who are we?
We’re a technology startup working on developing and deploying the next generation wireless ISP and/or Wifi product sets. Our teams work on mid to low level software that drive consumer facing services. This includes architecture definition, implementation, debugging, production deployment and support/maintenance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for developers with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience that are comfortable developing in C++, Python and/or C but knowledge of at least one lower level language is necessary. We’re also seeking those eager to ramp up on new languages and technologies. We’d prefer you to have at least one internship or coop with a product based company, but equivalent experience will be considered. Since our system runs on Linux, familiarity with this operating system is important.
What gets bonus points:
* Familiarity with networking fundamentals and configuration
* Experience using git for source control
* The ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions for problems you’re faced with
What gets double bonus points:
* Experience with technical product customer issues and collaborated with customer support teams
* Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
* Familiarity with Rust or Go or asynchronous programming concepts
Starry works hard, so we take care of each other and enjoy ourselves along the way. Check out some of the benefits youll enjoy if you join the team:
* Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
* Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
* Secure bike storage in the building
* Private shower facilities in our office
* Free gym in the building
* Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/74580 →