Job Description We are seeking a full time software engineer to support the design, development and review of software for the USAF ICBM Program in support of the ICBM Sustainment Construct (ISC). This contract will assist in the acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and help train and develop this capability in the government. This contract will augment organic resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness and ICBM demonstration/validation integrated applications programs.
Position will be located at Hill AFB, UT.
This role will provide software engineering services.
1. Assists in the development and allocation of software requirements. May develop software requirements, evaluate the impact of requirements changes, lead others, and collaborate/support government customers in these tasks.
2. May develop software design and design documentation.
3. Reviews and prepares documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures. May run tests, evaluate results, debug defects, or lead others in these tasks. May participate in planning and conducting verification or validation activities.
4. Verifies complex software designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements. May run or participate in work product reviews, inspections and tests.
5. Estimates software level of effort and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
6. May assist in preparation/review of proposals, presentations, risks, technical order (TO) changes, safety review briefings, program protection plans and government engineering board briefings. Typical Education & Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education Required Education: BS/MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technologies, Data Processing, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics. 3yrs of directly related experience (2 years with an MS Degree).
Candidate must possess strong oral/written communications skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently or as a member of a group effort and will be able to work well in Government/contractor teams.
Eligible candidates must be able to acquire a security clearance. Preferred Skills and Education Understanding of several areas of ICBM system software programs and/or sustainment efforts. Familiarity with software nuclear safety cross check analysis (NSSCA), performance analysis and technical evaluation (PATE) and independent verification and validation (IV & V) analysis processes. This includes the detailed analysis and testing of software to verify that program and safety requirements are correctly implemented. This job requires skills in test plan development, requirements analysis, system testing and identifying and troubleshooting of discrepancies. Knowledge of computer software architecture and design practices and experience with embedded software will be required.
The ideal candidate will possess or be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 39382BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Hill Air Force Base, UT 84056
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.