Independently code complex, n-tiered applications. principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of the enterprise software and systems, as well as, interact with enterprise users.
– Provides technical leadership and mentoring for small/medium-sized eBusiness applications. Provides consultative services to customers and other IT professionals regarding the application of systems analysis to business problems. Provides detailed systems analysis and design specifications for MSF software application projects, adhering to current standards. (45%)
– Writes code, tests, maintains and enhances computer programs utilizing department Software Development methodology. (45%)
– Mentors IT professionals and complete special projects as assigned. (10%)
– Develop module and application level code, evaluate application requirements, analyze enterprise-wide software systems, provide solutions, and design, develop and implement applications.
– Code, test, maintain, and enhance computer programs.
– Working with business analysts to analyze requirements feasibility and user’s needs and then design, test, and develop software to meet such needs.
– Provide technical consultative services to others regarding system analysis.
– Support existing applications.
– Production failure trouble shooting.
– Translate business requirements into technical design documents, development and programming using software languages to meet business needs.
– Custom design specific programs for enterprise and user needs, to support business processes, provide technical awareness, insight and documentation as appropriate to departments.
– Perform extensive functional testing of modules post-customization.
– Testing other developers’ code.
– Support user applications by assisting help desk.
– Provide knowledge transfer and consulting to other IT professionals and/or business customers.
– Complete special projects as assigned.
– Modify existing software to correct errors and to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
– Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
– Work with software design engineers to design tools and enhancements and write code to fulfill enterprise objectives and needs.
– Consult with business or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
– Design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
– Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
– Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
– Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
– Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
– Work with programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering or scientific personnel.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or other related field.
Must have five (5) years’ of directly related IT work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in the following technologies:
– Hortonworks / Cloudera / MapR / BigInsights or any other similar big data platform to:
– Develop ingestion processthat involves collecting, parsing, preparing and managing large sets of data to eventually turn information into insights.
– Process large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
– Monitor performance and advise any necessary platform changes.
– Equivalent technologies will also be considered.
– Experience in the following technologies:
– NOSQL and relational databases.
– Informatica Big Data Management (BDM).
– Traditional data warehousing methodologies / ETL using Informatica Powercenter / SAP BODS / IBM Data Stage.
– Relevant certifications.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.