Client Reference Code: 209929
Spectrum Enterprise currently seeks a Software Application Engineer III for our Spectrum Enterprise Automation team. The Automation team is responsible for creating solutions that facilitate the continued growth of the business, and to enable that growth to happen at scale. Creation of these solutions will enable operations teams to keep up with the fast-paced growth of new business, as well as transform the customer experience by providing the customer more visibility and real-time control over services.
The Software Application Engineer III of Spectrum Enterprise Automation will contribute to and provide technical direction, development, and solutions for network automation to teams responsible for Charter Communications Spectrum Enterprise Network Automation solutions. The Sr. Software Application Engineer will be expected to contribute in areas dealing with software design, service architecture, network configuration, compliancy and strategy in the delivery of Carrier Ethernet, Commercial voice, video and data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, and modify software to manage large distributed systems and components.
- Contribute to engineering projects spanning several engineering groups
- Build and automate deployment of RESTful APIs between network elements, Data bus, Orchestration tools, and Customer Portals
- Take ownership of distributed components over the entire product life cycle
- Design, Implement, Review, Repair, and Improve Existing Code
- Confer with users, product management and project management to determine product requirements for all major and minor releases
- Creating product documentation and technical materials for internal use
- Contribute in the development, documentation and revision control of commercial engineering, design guides, configuration documents, certifications and solution guides
- Work closely with all operations teams to ensure knowledge transfer and understanding of standards, vendor selection, configuration standards and best practice
- Provide vision and strategy for network enhancements, evolution and scale
- Collaborate and partner with the technology architecture, design & engineering peer groups on network requirements, vendor selection, certification and standardization
- Certify integration standards are applied on all commercial devices and services
- Provide escalated support for high severity and critical network events
- Minimum 5 years of developing product user stories and/or developing test automation
- Ability to work constructively in teams of diverse individuals, with various ideas and methodologies
- Ability to consistently deliver a set of products that follow industry and Charter Engineering standards and best practices
- Must be customer focused and service oriented
- Must have the ability to communicate to groups with various degrees of skill-sets, knowledge and experience
- Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
- Python experience is a plus
- Building RESTful systems utilizing N-tier architectures
- Experience with software defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Experience with Open Source Tools (OpenStack, Git, MySQL/MariaDB, Jenkins, Junit, XML, JSON)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience with cloud services and distributed systems
- Understanding of Ethernet and IP based networks and architectures
- Experience with developing and operating a large-scale distributed systems environment such as a large web infrastructure, distributed systems, database replication, high availability, fault tolerance, etc.
Bachelor’s degree (B. Sc.) in Computer Science or Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Yes, Travel 20%
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position
Job Code : TWCISW321 Software Eng, AEM Web Dev Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/102353 →