Software Engineer in Test
Software Engineer in Test
Company Quicken Loans Inc.
Location US-MI-Detroit Opportunity Details Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of Best Places to Work for African Americans in 2015. We’ve been on Computerworld’s ‘Best Places to Work in IT’ list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You’ll Do/Need
Our Software Engineers in Test (SETs) are software engineers who possess a quality first mindset, and are rockstars in coding test automation and driving quality activities. They have a passion for automated testing, and implementing amazing quality solutions. A Software Engineer in Test is responsible for creating and/or supporting our applications, and improving application quality and services, by building software solutions, automation, and frameworks to test our products. This individual will also apply a variety of skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve a variety of quality concerns.Responsibilities:
– Create automated testing solutions from technical designs, specifications, and documentation
– Build tooling and automated CI/CD pipelines/infrastructure from scratch for delivery teams
– Collaborate with team members to build highly maintainable and reusable automation modules, following best practices and standards in testing and code health
– Oversee projects to ensure system test automation deliverable are met
– Develop innovative methods to find solutions and improve quality, test efficiency, and regression coverage
– Provide input on issues that impact product performance and system stability
– Assist in post-implementation and continuous improvement efforts to enhance systems and applications
– Mentor, train and support other team membersRequirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar field, or equivalent work experience (5 years).
– Solid programming experience in any modern object-oriented programming language such as C#, Python, Java and C/C++ as well as an understanding of OOP concepts
– Experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery (DevOps)
– Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle, quality assurance methodologies and automated testing including API automation testing experience
– Ability to create and maintain automated test frameworks, test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
– Experience with automated test tools and frameworks such as Microsoft CodedUI, Selenium WebDriver, Codeception etc.
– Strong analytical and organizational skills
– Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, communicate concisely and clearly, and be willing to drive quality into the development processWhat’ll Make You Special:
– Developed automation solutions from scratch
– Experience working with unit testing frameworks
– Experience with micro-frameworks, micro-services, and service-oriented architecture
– Experience in Test-Driven-Development or Behavior-Driven-Development
– Familiar with SQL-based and NoSQL-based database technologies
What You’ll Get
– Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
– Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
– Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit ***********.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance ‘Top 50 Mortgage Lenders’ report from Q2 2017.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.