As a member on the Infrastructure Team you will work as part of a top-performing team to deliver high-quality search engine marketing SaaS solutions to market. You will help architect and build the next generation of our award winning product owning the systems engineering and development tooling within the WordStream platform.
We are looking for a technologist that loves the cloud, automation, problem solving, and learning new tools. The developer will be part of our Infrastructure team charged with automating and supporting our growing AWS environment; scaling our ever increasing customer base and data storage; building best in class tooling to support code deployments; troubleshooting environment issues; and generally developing great software to allow our feature teams to rapidly deploy and monitor customer facing applications.
If youre excited about software design, fast-paced environments, new technologies, the open-source software stack, wed like to hear from you!
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) for all of our servers
* Linux servers, PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch Cluster, Cassandra Cluster
* Python application code
* Chef for our configuration management
* NewRelic, Papertrail, and some homegrown monitoring tools
* Buildbot for continuous integration and deployments
* Git for source control
* Develop new tooling (AWS, Python, Chef) to support growth in our application environments and introduce new technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch)
* Own projects that enhance our infrastructure (e.g. Implement new data pipeline streams; evaluate, develop and deploy enhanced job monitoring; write custom code to support our unique infrastructure needs)
* Support weekly production deployments and upgrades to core infrastructure (Postgres upgrades, Boto upgrades, Python upgrades)
* Support our marketing site infrastructure (AWS, Drupal, MySQL, CodeDeploy)
* Participate in the planning around Infrastructure technology backlog
* Support troubleshooting development and production issues, be part of on-call rotation
* BS/MS in Computer Science (or related field and considerable experience developing and managing web applications)
* 4+ years of experience writing code professionally (preferably SaaS)
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud environment
* Experience with site and system monitoring/alerting
* Experience developing tools to support developers including creating environments, deploying code and running automated tests
* Experience with Linux
* Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
* Familiarity and experience with the Agile methodology is a plus
* Passion for infrastructure as code, continuous deployments, proactive monitoring, cloud computing, site reliability and automation
* Culture fit is important. We are a venture backed, 250+ person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Unlimited PTO
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Training & Development
* Stock Option Plan
* Standing desks, cold brew on tap, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space:
WordStream develops search marketing software, provides managed PPC advertising services, and shares online marketing advice through our blog. Founded in 2007, weve evolved from being a keyword software tool developer to a destination for paid search marketing expertise. Our cloud-based software is always evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers, and the results speak for themselves: more traffic, higher-quality leads, and greater profits, every day.
* In a few short years WordStream has become an industry leader, serving thousands of clients worldwide and we are just getting started!
* Our award-winning software helps clients experience a phenomenal 65% increase sales and 9% drop in costs associated with those sales.
* Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Search Marketing/ Online Advertising is a $70 Billion+ industry and growing.
* Over 3 million businesses use Google PPC platform to advertise every day – and most of them need our help!
WordStream is a venture-backed, technology-driven SaaS company. We offer a high energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices in the Prudential Mall are sleek and modern and offer collaborative space, standing desks, and all of the coffee you could ever drink. We are building a world class product and team, and we reward our team members with a great work environment, competitive pay, great benefits and path to career advancement.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/156146 →