Job ID : ******
Location : Irving, TX US
Level : Experienced Professional
Job Category : Information TechnologyDescription :
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Software Engineers work as part of agile teams who own the inception, development and full lifecycle of digital products. The team practices methodologies and adheres to principles put forth by the lean startup and lean enterprise movements. The team puts the system user at the center of everything they do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed.
The Software Engineers qualify through a screening and demonstration of suitable technical competencies. They work in a highly structured agile environment. They design their own systems to deliver their products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately becomes accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving the KPIs.
The Software Engineer serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the Agile methodology and a product mindset within each product team.
Software Engineer implements applications principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. He/she owns the developing and implementing backend services. He/she leverages continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
– Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
– Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
– Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
– Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
– Serves as an expert on a specific business domain and demonstrates leadership and accountability on at least one technology stack
– Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
– Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
– Provides support for software products in user environments
– Coaches more junior team members around different technologies
– Participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Agile community.
– A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
– 5+ years of experience in design and development J2EE applications.
– Strong Technical Leadership with the ability to mentor other developers.
– Strong experience in application design, design patterns and performance tuning.
– Be productive in a fast-paced environment and work well with a diverse team of technical SMEs
– Ability to work well in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
– Successful history of web projects delivered.
– Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
– Java/J2EE software development including Spring Framework using Annotation, JPA2 and Hibernate frameworks
– Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
– Must be able to clearly explain frameworks concepts and design patterns.
– Strong web services development experience using Spring REST, JSON. Experience on SOAP and XML is Plus.
– Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate 4+)
– Profound insight of Java and J2EE internals (Classloading, Concurrency, Generics, Lamda, Memory Management, Transaction management etc) and Hibernate
– Experience with build tools – Gradle, Maven
– Experience with test-driven development using test frameworks such as Junit, Mockito and PowerMock.
– Experience with GIT, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence
– Experience with deploying J2EE application using WebSphere or Tomcat
– Familiar with Idea IntelliJ and/ or Eclipse.
– Experience in AWS Cloud and NoSQL database (Oracle 12c / Mongo) is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.