Category: Technology – Infrastructure Engineering
Location: US – California – San Francisco (HQ)
US – Washington – Bellevue
Post Date: 12/04/2017
Software Engineer – Object Storage
Did you ever wonder what kind of storage systems can fuel the growth of Salesforce ‘s #1 CRM platform used by some of the world’s biggest enterprises who trust us with their data? Did you ever wish if you could be part of a team that develops such web-scale, highly available storage systems? If seeing your innovative high quality code deployed in production is what challenges you then come join our team who develop and manage the largest cloud-based enterprise-quality storage system.
We would love to talk to you if you have some of the following attributes:
* Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems on unreliable hardware.
* You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retiring technical debt.
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system scalability, availability, resilience and performance.
* Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by other engineering teams. Minimum Qualifications
* Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems.
* Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
* 6+ years of professional experience in systems software development in Java, Python, Go, C/C++, or other language.
* Practical knowledge of algorithms, patterns, and tradeoffs of distributed systems’ design.
* Solid understanding of how to configure, deploy, manage and maintain large cloud hosted systems; including auto-scaling, metrics & monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
* Experience delivering on strategic initiatives effectively in a fast paced environment while supporting day-to-day issues.
* Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines. The following skills are a plus:
* Hands-on experience with Linux server, and cloud architectures.
* Good understanding of network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Knowledge of metrics & monitoring e.g., Splunk, and configuration management tools e.g., Puppet.
* Experience with software based compute infrastructure e.g., AWS.
* Working experience with source control systems e.g., Perforce. *LI-Y
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79149 →