Tracking Code SSN-18-1542-F
Job Code 18-1542
Posting Title Software Engineer, Senior
Post Date 9/4/2018
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
Description SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (SSN-18-1542-F):
Bowhead seeks a Senior Software Engineer to support our Orlando, Florida team of software developers and media artists in the development and deployment of C++ and Unity visual simulation applications.
The Software Engineer codes C++, writes C# Unity scripts, creates test cases for software applications, and documents code.
* Conducts programming activities related to the development, maintenance, and/or installation of computer programs to internal, client, and/or commercial application systems.
* Conducts analysis, designs products, and programs computer software.
– B.S. in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Nine (9) years coding/debugging experience with C++ and C#.
– CompTIA Security+ certification is required.
– Experience in design, development, testing, integration, and documentation of simulation software.
– Communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing (in English) and understand both oral and written instructions.
– Network and prioritize customer service to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various internal and external customers (to include government officials, corporate officials, and employees).
– US Navy experience a plus.
– Developing Win32 C++ applications with Visual Studio C++
– Developing Unity 3D applications with C#
– Collaborative software development with source control tools (e.g. Perforce, CSV, SVN, Git)
– Debugging computer software using interactive debugger (Visual Studio) and defect tracking software (e.g., Bugzilla, Jira)
– Experience participating in code reviews
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at *****************, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (******************************************************
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: *********************
– Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
– Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
– The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.